How do you turn failure into success? Even better, can you turn failure into success? The facts are that almost any failure situation can be turned around with the right strategy. The following 5 techniques are designed to work at reversing failure in most any situation. Learn them and apply them and the results will shock you.
1) Mindset: The genesis of anything and everything is always first in the mind. If we truly desire to transform a situation from failure to success, the first place to start is with your thinking. No strategy and technique can out do the mind. We must first believe that we can in fact turn the situation around. We must first decide that we will continue to take action, even when it seems that we are not getting the results we are after. Our mindset can kill our chances for success, or it can lead us to massive turn-arounds. Best of all, we have full control of the process and the direction we chose to go. Mindset is the first step to transforming failure into success.
2) Know thy self: Clarity is power. To turn any situation around, we must first know where we stand. In addition, we must also know what we truly want. As elementary as those two key factors seem, they are the most misplaced and misunderstood pieces of the turn-around puzzle. Many people attempt to create change without seriously looking and evaluating these simple steps. But how can you truly change a situation, or position in business if you are not clear as to where you really stand? How can you reach success if you haven’t even defined success in your own mind? So ask yourself these two questions, where am I really? And, where am I committed to being?
3) Identify your mistakes: So you know it all starts in the mind, and you have a clear picture of where you are, and where you want to be. Now what? Now be brutally honest and indentify the mistakes that got you where you are now. Spend some time reflecting on this because this one technique can lead you to massive transformations. The biggest mistake people do is not identifying errors. Therefore they continue to commit the same mistakes. You cannot improve a situation if you continue to commit the same mistakes. That is why being brutally honest with yourself will set you free. Here is why you need to absolutely identify all of your mistakes…
4) Create a plan to replace mistakes with the exact opposite: When you recognize a mistake being made, then you can identify the exact opposite of the mistake. For instance, let’s say that one of the mistakes you identified was that you have not taken enough action to market your business. The exact opposite of that is to start taking consistent massive action. Let’s say you were taking action, but your actions were scattered. Then you need to start taking focused actions. Let’s say you are paralyzed by the fear of not knowing what to do. Get the right mentors and start taking action. By the shear act of identifying and reversing a mistake, that alone will help you turn any situation around.
5) Take massive action on your plan: Don’t ever sit on plans. Move into action… MASSIVE ACTION. Run up that hill with gusto. Action is what will create the real change. Up until this point, this formula has touched on mental elements. Of course, these are needed to transform failure into success. But nothing actually transforms until we move ourselves into action consistently. The mental aspect showed us the direction and destination, but only action can get us there. So take consistent, massive action. In reality, this entire process is energizing. It is exciting to come to realize mistakes, identify proper actions, and plan new destinations. Use that motivation, that exhilaration, to move you. You will get renewed energy each step of the way, as you see and feel yourself getting closer to your goals.
This simple 5 step process can transform almost any failure into a success, but it takes your commitment: Your commitment to follow through with the entire process, without excuses. If you are up for the challenge, you will enjoy the best of success… success you created through proper thinking, planning, and action.
Remember, “It’s your time to shine!”
Mike Martinez 856-202-5067